Jason Janik: Life Through the Loupe

Capturing Weddings, Kids, and Families.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 2nd wedding pics, set one...

Here is the first section of wedding pics that I glanced through and liked, for one reason or another.  Some pictures are more traditional, and others are just more fun and goofy.  It was such a fun and happy wedding, even though the rain came down in buckets that day.  

Everyone at the wedding had such an energetic and exciting attitude (despite the gloomy weather).  I tried to capture that movement, that emotion in the images by allowing a lot more motion and movement to come through visually.  It's a technique that creates a lot more throw-away images (because sometimes the added motion blur can be distracting, instead of complementary), so it meant I had to shoot a lot more frames that evening.  

I think the extra effort was worth it, though.  many of the images almost feel more like a video, the way they captured the moment in time...










...and remember, this is just the start of the day up until the end of the ceremony.  I still have an entire reception to go through.  I'm guessing I will probably post two more installments of this wedding by the time I work through all the images.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home