Jason Janik: Life Through the Loupe

Capturing Weddings, Kids, and Families.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Great wedding DJ...

I met an amazing wedding DJ this last weekend.  His name is David Allen and he can be found at djdavidallen.com, for those of you in need of some great wedding tunes.  I've shot a LOT of weddings, and the DJ is a place you just don't want to skimp on.  Besides the cake and the venue, the DJ is a "make or break" element for the evening's success.  

I'm not saying that photos aren't important.  However, if you didn't have a photographer at all, the evening would still go fine.  Of course, you wouldn't have any sort of historical record of the big day, but that's not the point.  The point I'm trying to make is that no DJ or a bad DJ could very well make for a dull and/or awkward evening.  A good DJ can keep things moving, keep people excited, and make sure everyone is having fun.  

I've worked with a bunch of good DJ's over the years, and Dallas seems to have some really spectacular ones.  And I've worked with some really bad ones.  I wonder how they even get hired in the first place...




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home