Jason Janik: Life Through the Loupe

Capturing Weddings, Kids, and Families.

Monday, May 11, 2009

A nice thank you...

It is customary to give an extra "thank you" to many of the people who serve you on your wedding day.  The preacher normally gets a gift (usually in the form of a check or cash), as well as others that attend to you on your big day.  The photographer is usually not one of those people.  

I have received some very nice "thank you" gifts from wedding couples in the past.  Quite often, they will give an extra hundred dollars, or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.  However, I'd say that happens at maybe one in ten or one in twenty weddings... so not very often.  

Well, I recently booked a last-minute wedding and helped out the bride and groom (who would've had NO photographer if they hadn't found me).  To show their thanks above and beyond our contract, they gave me the best gift ever!!!  

 

Those gold coins are gift certificates to NorthPark mall.  Each is basically a fifty dollar gold coin that can be spent throughout the mall.  Leave it to NorthPark to do something more cool than just a paper gift certificate!  

The big envelope contains another gift certificate.  That one is for McCormick & Schmick's, which is my favorite place to eat at NorthPark.  If the babies weren't sick, I'd load us up right now and go eat there!  

I haven't opened the card yet (I was so excited over the gift certificates that I had to come blog about it ASAP), but I assume it's a nice little thank you for helping them out with photos on such short notice.  

Anyway, it was such a nice treat to get these extra little "thank you" gifts from the bride and groom.  It was such a great wedding, so this was just icing on the cake!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home